Frequently Asked Questions

Q – What is Wall-to Wall IB?

All students who enter Lincoln Park are considered participants in the International Baccalaureate Middle Years Programme (MYP) for freshman and sophomore year. Some 9th and 10th graders are also members of the IB Preparatory Diploma Programme (PDP). PDP students move into the IB Diploma Programme(DP) in junior and senior year. If qualified (based on success in requisite courses), other students can enter the PDP at the end of grade 9 or the Diploma Programme at the end of grade 10.  Juniors and seniors may also elect to take ”stand-alone” IB classes. Others may elect to participate in the new International Baccalaureate Career-related Programme (IBCP) in Art, Music or ROTC.

Q – What is the difference between IB-MYP/Double Honors/Honors and IB-MYP/DP ?

Students who are in IB-MPY/Double Honors/Honors can customize their classes based on their academic need and rigor.  If a students is strong in one area but not as strong in another, then they work with their advisor to coordinate their schedule based on their strengths.  This might consist of some Double Honors classes and some Honors classes.  All of these classes are in preparation for college level Advanced Placement classes in junior and senior year. Since we are also an International Baccalaureate World School we are able to further enhance and enrich our college prep curriculum by offering IB subject classes which are available to all students.  The IB Diploma Programme (DP) at Lincoln Park is an articulated four year experience with an accelerated and comprehensive curriculum set to international standards. The first two years are considered preparatory with college level work beginning in 10th grade. The last two years are the actual diploma program. Students who take IB classes can typically sit for the AP exam in that area as the IB classes prepare students for those tests as well.

Q – Can I apply to Vocal Music, Instrumental Music and Drama?

If you live in the attendance area, you only need to apply to Drama.  If you do not live in the attendance area then you must qualify and audition for each one.

 Q – Can I be accepted to more than one program?

Yes, but you may enroll in only one program.

 Q – If I am enrolled in MPY-DP or MYP-HH, can I still be in music or drama?

You can elect band, orchestra or chorus, but not Drama.



Q – Is it true IB students do 6 hours of homework a night?

Students in a college prep curriculum should spend an average of 2-3 hours a day on homework.